Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Olivercomputing is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha is extremely unresponsive

Sencha is extremely unresponsive

I have some pre-sales questions about some Sencha products. I've sent multiple emails through the Contact form (over days) and called repeatedly, and have yet to get any response or get through to anyone on the phone (vs leaving a voicemail). Before spending $755 or even more, I'd like to know that there's some actual support behind this company. A quick Google gives hits such as this: https://twitter.com/g1011010/statuse...80906839642112, so this isn't just my experience.

So what's going on? Anyone at Sencha care to say anything about this, or will this also go ignored?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to pop in to say that I have escalated this up and you should be getting a response to this.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Sales Team
    Vote Rating
    driscoll33 is infamous around these parts

If you have a questions, please use http://www.sencha.com/contact to submit your questions.

Someone will get back with you

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

"If you have a questions, please use http://www.sencha.com/contact to submit your questions.
    Someone will get back with you."

Really? That's why I posted here. I already asked at least 2 questions using your form. Days ago. I see no response. Were any sent?

Sencha - Sales Team
    Vote Rating

Is this the question ?

What visual design tools, from you or anyone else, support GXT 3.0? I already know that the Google Windowbuilder product will not support it.

Also, is there a reason for the mixed references to "Ext GWT" and "GXT" on your site since as far as I can tell they are exactly the same thing?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, it's one question. I also asked, as I recall, about 'Sencha Complete' and inclusion of GXT with it (I'm gathering not but wanted to be sure.) Were any replies actually sent?

Sencha - Sales Team
    Vote Rating

GXT is not part of Sencha Complete. As for the naming, Ext GWT is the old name, we now call the product GXT.

On visual Design tools, we do not have any for GXT

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

The best part of these replies? No apology whatsoever. I hope you guys emailed this person.

I know I gripe a fair amount about Sencha on the forum, but it's because I really do want you to succeed and am trying to highlight what it looks like from the side of the customer/user. If I didn't, I'd just leave.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Sorry that our contact form didn't work as expected and that we didn't get you an answer faster. We all monitor the forums, so you have a high probability of getting a timely, and hopefully friendly, response here. Feel free to PM/email me if you have any more questions.

Abe
    Abe@sencha.com