Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    speedx991 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: [WARN] The current working directory

Unanswered: [WARN] The current working directory

Hi there,

We have installed and are using MAMP on mac to run server. But when we launch the SDK we get the following error:

[ERROR] The current working directory (xxxx) is not a valid SDK directory. Please 'cd' into a SDK directory before executing this command.

We have added a directory in the SDK folder (in applications) and also where the sencha-touch-2.0.1.1 resides but still get the same error.

Could anyone please advise how to fix?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mcbl can only hope to improve

Same problem, very annoying, no solution. Can someone give a trick?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

What version of SDK Tools are you using? beta3? What command are you executing? If it is sencha app create then you must do that in the root directory in sencha-touch-2.0.1.1
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mcbl can only hope to improve

Explain that black on white on a dedicated page and link us to it. Everyone is stuck in the same holes.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    acorotchi is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue as well

I am using Mac OS 10.8 and I am trying to use Sencha Cmd 3.0.0 for sencha 2.1.0.

I have tried few steps to deal with and not successe :
    1. For sencha 2.0.1 I use sencha SDK tool and works fine, but when I want to use new sencha release 2.1.0 I have to use Sencha CMD where I get the same error " [WARN] The current working directory ... " I did restart the MAC and still with no successe. The Sencha CMD was installed in BIN and followed all documented interaction ...
    2. Second try was to uninstall Sencha SDK tool for version 2.0.1 and use just Sencha CMD for new sencha 2.1.0, but now when i try to type "sencha" i get "-bash: sencha: command not found", i checked sencha CMD is installed in bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.250/ . I had a restart as well and as I expected did not help. There is some missing parts in what I did or something wrong ?
    Thanks, Thanks for any help

Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Check your path to see if it is pointing to the dir it is installed in.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

How can I do it ? Is it a command in terminal.

You mean if 'sencha' command is pointed to the dir "/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.250/sencha" , how can I check this info ?

Thanks!

Vote Rating
    Answers

Are you using Windows or Mac or Linux? Google is your friend also.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I am using Mac OS, Thanks for your help !

Vote Rating
    Answers

You can check using Terminal and type:

Code:
    echo $PATH
    It'll have a lot of paths in it each separated by a colon. This list comes from the ~/.profile file so you can edit that file to change the path. To see the change, you have to open a new terminal window for it to take affect, the current path will stick to the window so you won't be able to see the change until you open a new terminal window.