Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Cristian B. is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Grid Panel Custom Cell Editors

Unanswered: Grid Panel Custom Cell Editors

Hy everybody.

I have been reading the forums for a functionality I am trying to accomplish but I'm having difficulties finding an answer.
    I have a Grid Panel with not more then 10-20 rows at any given time and on one single column I want to have visible different editors for different rows.
    For example, a row might have a TextField, another a Custom CheckBox and another a MultiSlider, all on the same column.

Obviously this problem can be split into three smaller problems.

1. How to show editors for all editable fields (all the time, without click or double click) which I think can be accomplished with the following http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-for-all-cells plug-in. (haven't tried it yet, will come back to you on that one as soon as I do)

2. How to set custom editors like MultiSlider to a Grid Panel cell?

3. How to have more than one type of editors for the same column, depending on a row value?

The project also requires me to use ExtJS 4.1.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Cristian

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

What you are wanting is more of a form than a grid.
    You could always create a form that scrolls.

Have a look at the following to mimic what you referred to in your link:
    http://skirtlesden.com/ux/component-column

Scott.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Cristian B. is on a distinguished road

Altough a form is more intuitive from the design point of view, for data consistency it makes more sense to use a grid, because new rows are created on drag and drop from a different toolbox like grid. It also makes handling the dataobjects more easily then on a form. (that I know of, I might be mistaking)

The Component looks pretty good. I will try it and get back to you on that one.
    I will also post and example with drag and drop object creation from the 'toolbox' grid. If I manage to crack it!

Thanks.
    Cristian

Thread Participants: 1