Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    sandeep45 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: How to override a method when defining an object by using its xtype/alias

Answered: How to override a method when defining an object by using its xtype/alias

Hi,

I am defining a writer object like this:

Code:
    writer:{
      type: 'json'
      rootProperty: 'resources'
      getRecordData: function(rec){
        alert("i was here");
        return rec.data;
      }
    }
    In this code getRecordData is never run and my alert is never fired.

Now i have also learned that having my own class which extende the Ext.data.reader.Json and then using its alias in my code would work. All i do then is define
    getRecordData
    outside the config object in my class.

So my question is how to define my own methods when i am instantiating an object in the style I have given above?

Thanks

2. When specifying any config to create an instance with, you should not define a method as it will not get overridden. If you need to override a method, you should then extend the class and override it that way.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When specifying any config to create an instance with, you should not define a method as it will not get overridden. If you need to override a method, you should then extend the class and override it that way.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.