Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-6693 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    john76543 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Tooltip in menu - exception

Tooltip in menu - exception

With quicktips disabled (no call to Ext.tip.QuickTipManager.init()), but a 'tooltip' field set on my menu button, I get an exception when clicking the menu button. It's thrown in showmenu:

Code:
    // from 4.1.1 RC2
    showMenu: function() {
            var me = this;
            if (me.rendered && me.menu) {
                if (me.tooltip && me.getTipAttr() != 'title') {
                    Ext.tip.QuickTipManager.getQuickTip().cancelShow(me.btnEl); // BANG
                }
                if (me.menu.isVisible()) {
                    me.menu.hide();
                }

me.menu.showBy(me.el, me.menuAlign, ((!Ext.isStrict && Ext.isIE) || Ext.isIE6) ? [-2, -2] : undefined);
            }
            return me;
        },
    Is this a bug?

Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity, why would you have a tooltip property set if you have QuickTips disabled?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    john76543 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want my app to work on iPad's as well as desktop, and tooltips screw up touch responses (I have to double-touch, weird!). Turning them off fixes it.

So I retain all my 'tooltip' configs, and just don't setup QuickTip centrally if the client is an iPad. It works fine for everything except menu buttons - everything else tolerates a tooltip config without an error.

I worked around the problem for menu buttons by just doing:

Code:
    tooltip: (isTablet ? null : "Tooltip message here")
    but I think the inconsistent behaviour is a bug.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

A quick look at the code suggests that this isn't new in 4.1.1 RC2, it's been there since 4.0.7 at least.

I'm inclined to agree that it needs fixing though, it makes component reuse across different applications more difficult. I'll move this thread to the bugs forum.

Thread Participants: 1