Vote Rating
    intellix will become famous soon enough

Default Variables inside Proxy URLs - Another issue with escaped values within Architect

Variables inside Proxy URLs - Another issue with escaped values within Architect

Hey, got an API with multiple languages to translate the content coming through on the server side (smaller locale files and different set of data etc).

So my URL would be something like:

api.mobile.com/en/events/1
    api.mobile.com/de/events/1
    api.mobile.com/es/events/1

The thing is..... you can't put variables inside a Proxy URL because values are escaped as String.

What I would like to do is something along the lines of:

Code:
    api.mobile.com/' + Ux.locale.manager.getLanguage() + '/events
    But as you know this transforms into:
    Code:
    api.mobile.com/\' + Ux.locale.manager.getLanguage() + \'/events
    Sorry if I come across a little frustrated about this sort of thing but I'm constantly hitting walls with what's possible in Architect. I think it's a little crazy that my company spent $399 on an application with so many limitations and bugs.

I think I've had these errors opening Architect for about a month now:
    Code:
    TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

Source Class: undefined Line 0
    I've had many times where it's not cascaded changes (had to delete and recreate parts and even spent a day once trying to fix when I couldn't save my project)
    My project looks crazy since about a month ago when having to use my own Resources (CSS/JS)
    Alot of the times my Views are just blank screens.

At the moment it's not possible for someone to create an entire application using Architect. At some point towards the end of my project I'm going to have to abandon it so I can get around what's not possible.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    marsking is on a distinguished road

Default Cannot agree more

Cannot agree more

Lacking of flexibility is the most pain when you are trying to develop the whole app using Architect. I think it should give people more freedom and creativity not too much constraints and limitations.

Vote Rating
    filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute filippo.ferrari has a reputation beyond repute

Vote Rating
    intellix will become famous soon enough

I've made a little hack (atm I'm using it for locale changing) and it might be helpful:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post863022

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    h.wagner@telekom.de will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by intellix View Post
    I've made a little hack (atm I'm using it for locale changing) and it might be helpful:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post863022
    Nice, but the problem is with the general missing of custom variables support in Architect (not just in the proxy, but in other parts too).
    This was a big disadvantage of ExtDesigner too, and Sencha promised that it will implement it almost 2 years ago .

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by intellix View Post
    So my URL would be something like:

api.mobile.com/en/events/1
    api.mobile.com/de/events/1
    api.mobile.com/es/events/1
    If your server code is solely for your application, why just don't change a little?

api.mobile.com/events/1?lang=en

Use REST proxy and send the lang parameter via extraParams. As matter of fact IMHO that that's the correct "precedence" events > event > event content in some lang.

When you use tools like SA there are some scenarios in which with you must do small changes to overcome tool's limitations.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!