Vote Rating
    halogen is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Labels for "custom" form fields

Answered: Labels for "custom" form fields

I want to make a form field that functions mostly like a slider or spinner: the user can select an integer from 1-6. However, it should appear as a row of 6 buttons side-by-side, each labeled with its numerical value. So instead of moving a circle to an unlabeled position on a number line, you click the number you want.

I could put an hbox panel inside the fieldset and put the buttons inside that panel, but that wouldn't let me give it a label consistent with the other labels in the form.

Is there any way to create this kind of "custom" field and have it behave like other fields, especially in terms of how it is labeled?

This question is generalized to all custom fields, not just the specific example of the row of buttons, because I have other "custom" fields that I'd like to put in my form.

2. Have you seen this thread?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?219848-Ext.tux.form.FieldContainer-Create-complex-form-fields

If I am reading your comment correctly, maybe that can help you out

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

I just use something like this:
    Code:
    {
    	xtype: 'sliderfield',
    	label: 'Value: 50',
    	value: 50,
    	minValue: 0,
    	maxValue: 100,
    	listeners: {
    		drag: function(me){
    			me.setLabel('Value: ' + me.getValue());
    		}
    	}
    }

Vote Rating
    halogen is on a distinguished road

I'll do that if I can't figure out how to make the row of number buttons, but I prefer the look of the number buttons and the solution I use would also help for other "custom" fields that have no way of being functionally replicated by existing fields. (Since this question is generalized to all fields that would basically be built by hbox panels within fieldsets, not just the number picker.)

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?219848-Ext.tux.form.FieldContainer-Create-complex-form-fields

If I am reading your comment correctly, maybe that can help you out

Thread Participants: 1