Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Abhi_aec is on a distinguished road

Default Making use of Offline storage

Making use of Offline storage

Hi,
    We are developing a develop web applications that provides the feature of offline storage i.e functions in situations where network is unavailable...
    Is it possible to edit the data displayed, save it in the local storage when the network is unavailable and later sync the changes with the real database when the connectivity is regained.

Any help appreciated...

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi_aec View Post
    Is it possible to edit the data displayed, save it in the local storage when the network is unavailable and later sync the changes with the real database when the connectivity is regained?
    Yes. I believe this has been asked a number of times here on the forums... just do a search and I think you should easily find your answer!
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Abhi_aec is on a distinguished road

I could not find any specific answer about the way to sync the changes done in the offline mode with the real database..
    If you could provide any specific links for that??

Sencha - Community Support Team sword-it's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough

Hi!

You can use the browser's local storage to store data for offlinestorage.
    but you have to ensure all of the javascript files have loaded (ext framework files) when you use local storage,
    for this load all scripts & data into local Store.

But there should be no HTML or JavaScript generation on server side it is so because browser needs a connection to a web server to get HTML and JavaScript sources to run application. but in offline case, it is hard to find JS files...so use local storage not the server for it.
    sword-it.com, Sencha Developer House in Turkey - Istanbul University Technopark Suite 204.

Thread Participants: 2