Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ToRoll is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Possibilities to adapt / enhance charts presentational logic?

Unanswered: Possibilities to adapt / enhance charts presentational logic?

Hello together,
    I'm a student of media informatics and a newcomer to Sencha Touch / Charts.
    For a student project I'm interested in how can I adapt the prebuild chart-types
    with custom (presentational) logic and visual design.

As an example:
    I'd like to combine a bar chart with some graphical symbols for representing
    good, average and bad values-ranges (as a kind of traffic-light status-indicator)
    separately per each bar of the chart.
    I'd like to integrate this as closely as possibly "into" a bar chart, not in a separate chart,
    and bound to the same data-source. So in the case when I apply a filter both kind of
    presentations should be updated immediately and corresponding to each other.
    So I'm not sure if via CSS or SASS is a way to do this.

Is there any support by design, e.g. via a plugin-mechanism or by deriving classes?
    Is there a best practice or any other approach for this?

Any hint and help is very appreciated
    Thanks in advance,
    Torsten

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can always extend a class to change/modify behavior. Do note that there will be a major overhaul of the charts coming soon.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1