Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pvdh is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha build process

Unanswered: Sencha build process

Hi all,

I'm rather new to sencha and probably struggle with lot's of issues most of you will only frown at.

But still....

Currently I develop my sencha-touch-2-project with Netbeans on Ubuntu 11.04 and on my local browser my project runs fine. However, when I do "sencha app build -e production" the build is working, but can't be changed later.

Doesn't make any sence, so I'll try to explain better. ;-)
    I take the production-build and put it in a directory on a production-web-server. When invoking this ULR with chrome or my android-gadgets, everything works fine. Then I change some detail with Netbeans, which works on my local system. I perform a new build, and copy the result to the same directory on the same production-web-server, so it ands at the same URL. When I invoke this URL I get told "hey, there is a new app, do you want to upgrade?" which I do. And then I always see the flashing dots of doom, because loading of the app fails. Unless I reset my browser-cache, which solves the issue.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically this is currently only proof-of-concept and I aim to do native apps later (perhaps phonegap), but it should work anyway. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running sdk-2.0.1 and sencha-tools 2.0.0beta3 on linux, 32 bit.

I just tried upgrading to 2.0.1.1, but got other issues, which I will explain shortly.

Yours,
    Patrick.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check the dev tools for any errors
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    simondavies has a little shameless behaviour in the past

as mitchellsimoens said, if looking on chrome open up the web developer tools and look in the console section this, should display some nice red errors, copy these to paste on here so we can see whats beeing called/error'd or thi smight help you solve it yourself.

F12 on a windows, alt/cmd and J on mac not sure on lynx to bring up the dev console.

(That is presuming you have it installed anyway more details below)

https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/overview
    Last edited by simondavies; 6 Jul 2012 at 5:42 AM. Reason: tidy up

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

OK, so there is no fundamental misunderstanding of the correct process on my site?

To clarify: I delete build/production, I delete archive/*, then I do a build, deploy it to my webserver and everything is fine.
    Then I change the title of an Ext.List-object (or do some other minor modification), do a build again without touching build/production or archive, deploy again. After I accept the popup to install an update the application is broken

This is my error:

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default did verify jslint, no issues identified

did verify jslint, no issues identified

Meanwhile, I double-checked with jslint, but found no issues.