You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-6752 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    vadimv will become famous soon enough vadimv will become famous soon enough

Default LoadMask and setZIndex and NaN

LoadMask and setZIndex and NaN

Noticed when I got an error in IE8, in bellow piece of code(Ext.LoadMask.setZIndex). Because zIndex can have a 'auto' value, parseInt will return NaN.
    Code:
        setZIndex: function(index) {
            var me = this,
                owner = me.activeOwner;

if (owner) {
                // it seems silly to add 1 to have it subtracted in the call below,
                // but this allows the x-mask el to have the correct z-index (same as the component)
                // so instead of directly changing the zIndexStack just get the z-index of the owner comp
                index = parseInt(owner.el.getStyle('zIndex'), 10) + 1;
            }

me.getMaskEl().setStyle('zIndex', index - 1);
            return me.mixins.floating.setZIndex.apply(me, arguments);
        },
    could be a fix the following code?, seems to work
    Code:
            if(!isNaN(index)) {
                me.getMaskEl().setStyle('zIndex', index - 1);
                return me.mixins.floating.setZIndex.apply(me, arguments);
            }

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Is this still an issue with 4.1.1 GA?

Scott.

Vote Rating

yes, also just remembered that for Center layout is missing 2 css classes(in 4.1.1 GA and latest RC), without them the layout is not working properly
    Code:
    .ux-layout-center-item {
        margin:0 auto !important;
        text-align:left;
    }
    .ux-layout-center .x-panel-body, body.ux-layout-center {            
        text-align:center;
    }
    Btw, if I remember well this thread was in Discussion, why was moved in QA ?!!!

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I'm going to move this thread to the bugs forum.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jacrasmussen is on a distinguished road

I can confirm the issue using 4.1.1 GA

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vselvara is on a distinguished road

Default Do you have any work around for this problem?

Do you have any work around for this problem?

Hi,

I am also facing same issue in IE 8 browser. I have panel, which contain some elements, used border layout. then I added that element as item of Ext.Window. When I open the window, window is opening at the bottom of the browser and error thrown in the IE console. When I checked the ext-all-debug, I found the issue is same as mentioned above. I am really struck in this from past one week. This works fine in IE9,FF and Chrome. Added source for you information
    Note: I am using ext-all.js for final deployment, just for debug purpose i used ext-all-debug.js.

When I edit the ext-all-debug.js with below code ,

if(!isNaN(index)) { me.getMaskEl().setStyle('zIndex', index - 1); return me.mixins.floating.setZIndex.apply(me, arguments); }worked fine for me, but I want to change the same in ext-all.js. Could you please guide me how to change in ext-all.js or do you have any other work around for this problem?.. Kindly let me know if you have any work around for this issue,. It will be really helpful..

Many Thanks in Advance,
    Vimal
    Last edited by vselvara; 21 Nov 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added few more comments

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

As far as I can tell in testing, this can only happen if you are rendering inside the Window.

That's bad and will cause all kinds of problems.

If you can post a valid testcase I will investigate further. Failing that, I will close this ticket.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Ticket closed.

Vote Rating
    westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough

A colleague just directed me to this thread.
    I've since posted the same issue here.

No reliable test case yet, but only seen it on one of our dialogues, which doesn't seem to do anything special.
    We're still seeing it too (after my workaround), in _showModalMask, since that accesses the same zIndex style (and have no other index to use for a workaround).

Not quite sure I understand your point Animal, can you elaborate?

Any more thoughts?
    And do no other browsers use the value of 'auto'?

Cheers,
    Westy
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

Vote Rating

I can't comment on this thread, since I don't track the project anymore where I've got the issue. That happens when the feedback from sencha comes very late. Luckily the community is big and sooner or later someone confirms the issue and may contribute with help.