Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    GraceFruitMedia is an unknown quantity at this point

Default [BUG] [ERROR] Logger.js "false", false, "no" not working.

[BUG] [ERROR] Logger.js "false", false, "no" not working.

Hello:

I am using SDK: sencha-touch-2.0.1.1-commercial

I've seen the posts floating around the internet of changing the app.json.tpl build options to:

Code:
    "buildOptions": {
            "product": "touch",
            "minVersion": 3,
            "debug": false,
            "logger": false
    or

Code:
            "logger": "false"

or

Code:
            "logger": "no"

I've deleted the app's local storage, emptied browser cache, and shift+deleted the build directory as I've tried each combination. I've also tried building out to package instead of production.

Further I've edited the app.json.tpl files in two places:

Sencha Touch SDK Folder: command\src\module\generate\App\app.json.tpl
    My App Folder: appfolder\sdk\command\src\module\generate\App\app.json.tpl

I even tried removing "logger" from the build options as so:
    Code:
            "debug": false

All result in the same error in the console, which is:
    Code:
    Application Cache manifest had an incorrect MIME type: text/plain.
    Logger.jsGET EDITEDFORPRIVACY/app/build/production/src/log/Logger.js?_dc=1341520870210 404 (Not Found)
    Error: [Ext.Loader] Failed loading 'src/log/Logger.js', please verify that the file exists

Can someone from Sencha please shed some light on this?

Thank you,
    -Randall

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any ideas or word on this?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you set it to false (boolean) it should work. You can set to 'yes' to include it. We are aware of this bug.

Also, don't expect a 2 hour response on a community forum, please give us some time to get to your thread.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for your response. My first code sample shows setting the key/value to boolean false. If that doesn't work is there another solution to try? There are a few posts around the web that say the boolean fix doesn't work for them either.

Also, is there a difference of functionally in the commercial version versus the open source version? Might one SDK respond to the boolean fix and another wouldn't?

Also, I'm new to the community, some forums can get bug fix replies within 30 minutes. As a business some things are time sensitive. I wasn't necessarily waiting for Sencha to respond, but anyone in general with that "bump" post, sorry I wasn't clearer. Thank you for letting me know you all don't respond within that time frame normally, that will help me plan. Is there an ETA on the fix? I understand it could be several weeks.

*** Confirmed, just tried again with boolean false. Cleared out archive, re-ran production build script. Still shows logger error.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you set it to false it will work. I use that on 2.0.1.1 and 2.0.2. We are looking at fixing this for 2.0.3

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you, is there any other place to change it besides these two:

Sencha Touch SDK Folder: command\src\module\generate\App\app.json.tpl
    My App Folder: appfolder\sdk\command\src\module\generate\App\app.json.tpl

Or if they are changed, and I promise they are - is there some kind of caching either in the SDK folders or another location in a "local storage" sense to clear out before rebuilding / refreshing?

Attached are my two app.json.tpl files in a ZIP file. I renamed 1 to app.json2.tpl just to upload them.
    Attached Files

Vote Rating

You shouldn't touch the tpls, just edit your app.json in your app directory

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I ended up generating a new app and it built out fine.

I imagine I did something - or it was having the tpl files set to no before the app was generated.

In the app.json file do you just copy that build options block in?

Thank you for the extended attention to my questions!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by GraceFruitMedia View Post
    In the app.json file do you just copy that build options block in?
    I'm not sure I understand this question correctly. I usually just scroll down and change "no" to false