Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vasily_87 is on a distinguished road

Default How to add series to chart

How to add series to chart

I need to add series to chart at the runtime.
    I know how to do it in constructor but I need to create a chart and the add series to them. I didn't find a method like addSeries . Please, anybody knows what method do I need?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It is probably best to remove the chart and add a new chart configured the way you want.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

I'm going to agree with both the OP and with Mitchell. An "addSeries" method would be nice (maybe this should be a feature request). But in the meantime, I've used the solution suggested by Mitchell: removed the chart and added back re-configured as needed.

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    daniel.gallo will become famous soon enough

You could also do "chart.series.add()", followed by "chart.refresh()" - I've used that before for adding new series to charts. E.g.

Code:
    chart.series.add({
        type: 'line',
        axis: 'left',
        xField: 'name',
        yField: 'data4'
    });

chart.refresh();
    Daniel Gallo
    Sales Engineer
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.gallo View Post
    You could also do "chart.series.add()", followed by "chart.refresh()" - I've used that before for adding new series to charts. E.g.

Code:
    chart.series.add({
        type: 'line',
        axis: 'left',
        xField: 'name',
        yField: 'data4'
    });

chart.refresh();
    Well this might have saved a lot of time for me (actually the company I'm freelancing for) on a project I was working on earlier this spring/summer, but for the fact that chart.series.add is *not* documented; see:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!....series.Series

Since Ext.chart.series extends from Ext.Base and not Ext.container.Container it didn't strike me I could call add()

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

agreed that it is a bit hidden

take a look at:
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/so...xt-chart-Chart

-> initComponent

Code:
            series = me.series;
            me.series = Ext.create('Ext.util.MixedCollection', false, function(a) { return a.seriesId || (a.seriesId = Ext.id(null, 'ext-chart-series-')); });
            if (series) {
                me.series.addAll(series);
            }
    -> this.series is an Ext.util.MixedCollection (this points to the chart itself), this is why add works here. There are no listeners bound to the collection (like refresh chart on add, remove etc.), so therefore the manual call. would be a reasonable feature request tough

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine