Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    klausb is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Screen flicker when updating chart data

Unanswered: Screen flicker when updating chart data

I'm rendering a dashboard using stack and pie charts. Each chart is associated with a store. Every 5 seconds a web service is called and and the associated store is updated from the response data. The charts draw nicely according to the changed data. However, with each redraw there is a noticable flicker of the screen (iPad).

Any ideas, what causes such a flicker, which btw. happens only on Safari. Doing the same rendering on Chrome does not flicker. Unfortunately a solution on iOS works with the Safari engine.

Some quick experiments with the InfoVis charting library showed no flicker. Unfortunately the integration with the Sencha Touch components is rather tricky.

- klaus.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This is the time it takes to remove all records and add new records in which will redraw everything.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    klausb is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I understand.
    That's what I'm doing: per ajax call fill a single record into a set of stores (each store gets a different record). Each stores always has only a single record. That means a new record overwrites the old one. With each record there is bar chart associated, which repaints after the record is written. The charts animate nicely between the changed data. Is there a better strategy to update the stores?

- klaus.

Thread Participants: 1