Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paulharv is on a distinguished road

Default Initialize EditorGridPanel with blank rows

Initialize EditorGridPanel with blank rows

Hi,

I need to populate a Grid with blank rows. I can do this, but because the store has autosave set to true and is restful, a PUT request gets fired for each blank row that I insert. This is not what I want - I want these blank rows to just live in the UI until someone actually enters something into them - only then do I want to send a PUT to the server.

So I tried blocking the save of the blank rows in the store's beforesave event. That works. But when I enter data into one of the rows, instead of firing off a PUT for that one row, ExtJS fires off a PUT for all of the rows again.

With a restful, autosaving store, is it possible to have these "UI only" rows - and produce a PUT request only for one that actually gets edited?

Thanks

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Have you tried store.suspectEvents(); add items; store.resumeEvents()

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paulharv is on a distinguished road

Thanks
    I gave it a whirl, but it seems a little buggy.
    I did...

Code:
    store.suspendEvents(false); //queueSuspended set ti false to prevent events from queing
    //... code to add records ...
    store.resumeEvents();
    ...but when I pass a false queueSuspended various things start breaking - like adding additional rows produces "Error: Ext.fly(this.getRow(row)) is null" errors. This does not happen when I pass true for queueSuspended, but then that's not the behavior I need....

Thread Participants: 1