Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    james_D is on a distinguished road

Default How to access the code using Sencha architech and how to add a checkbox

How to access the code using Sencha architech and how to add a checkbox

I have 2 questions;

1.) In the desinger tab, i will do the desing using the drag-and-drop componants provided by the IDE. then on the code tab, i will be displayed the code. How can i edit this code using the IDE since it is in read only mode?

2.) When i drag and drop a CheckBox Group componant, i am given 2 check boxes by default. How can i use the designer to increase the number of check boxes to 3 ?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by james_D View Post
    1.) In the desinger tab, i will do the desing using the drag-and-drop componants provided by the IDE. then on the code tab, i will be displayed the code. How can i edit this code using the IDE since it is in read only mode?
    You can add event handlers and functions via the property grid at the bottom right property grid. You can then edit these individual pieces. You cannot directly modify the generated code except by modifying the metadata in the design view.

If you need raw access to the low level details you can always create an override which gives you full flexibility. However in most cases you will not need it.

Quote Originally Posted by james_D View Post
    2.) When i drag and drop a CheckBox Group componant, i am given 2 check boxes by default. How can i use the designer to increase the number of check boxes to 3 ?
    Drag out the checkbox group, you can then add an additional checkbox via drag drop and/or double clicking on it in the toolbox. Better yet you could just right click and duplicate an existing checkbox (this will prevent the default fieldLabel configuration from getting set).
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1