Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    khajvah is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Making Entire Website With Extjs

Answered: Making Entire Website With Extjs

I am new extjs user and have a question. Can i use extjs for my entire website's UI?
    For example, how can i create a navigation bar. I created a custom panel component, in which i wanted to create navigation bar from html and css but i can't use html and css in it. I used "html: '...' " but it is impossible to use.

I think, it is possible to use extjs for entire website, because "MVC" would have no point if it isn't possible.

2. Ext JS is an enterprise level web application framework. You will actually hurt your *website* if you take the approach used for building web apps.
    - your content will not be as indexable (SEO) due to the content being stored in JavaScript objects
    - the framework is too big for websites. It takes too much of the precious time you would otherwise use for impressing a user. There's a three-second rule for attracting viewer's attention, and you don't want to spend precious seconds on downloading a couple of megs worth of framework (with additional resources)
    - mobile users will likely experience your site slow
    - and so on..

If you decide to use Ext JS for that project, you will probably end up using XTemplates a lot. That will help you with the menus and a whole bunch of other stuff

Answers
    Vote Rating
    grgur has a spectacular aura about grgur has a spectacular aura about

Ext JS is an enterprise level web application framework. You will actually hurt your *website* if you take the approach used for building web apps.
    - your content will not be as indexable (SEO) due to the content being stored in JavaScript objects
    - the framework is too big for websites. It takes too much of the precious time you would otherwise use for impressing a user. There's a three-second rule for attracting viewer's attention, and you don't want to spend precious seconds on downloading a couple of megs worth of framework (with additional resources)
    - mobile users will likely experience your site slow
    - and so on..

If you decide to use Ext JS for that project, you will probably end up using XTemplates a lot. That will help you with the menus and a whole bunch of other stuff
    Grgur Grisogono
    Ext JS in Action SE co-author
    Exercising awesomeness at Modus Create - Official Sencha Partner

Get in touch for Sencha Touch Training
    @ggrgur

Thread Participants: 1