Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Hiroshi Yamamoto is on a distinguished road

Default Height of the Grid header is increasing on every mouse enter (Zoom at 110%, Chrome)

Height of the Grid header is increasing on every mouse enter (Zoom at 110%, Chrome)

Weird. When runnnig GXT application on Chrome with its zoom level set at 110%+, a height of the Grid header increases on every mouse entrance and exit. Moreover, column text labels are jumping and look living happily ever after ;( . We had this phenomena for sometime since 2.2.3 but finally we could reproduce it in our dev environment.

Version

------
    • Ext GWT 3.0
    • Ext GWT 2.2.4
    We use GXT 2.2.4 with 2.2.5+ patches for our production release. We did partially update Grid related classes with 2.2.6 equivalents but the problem still persists.

Browser, OS
    ------
    • Chrome, OS X 10.7
    • Chrome, Windows 7
    • IE10, Windows 7 ( tho, we don't know how to reproduce it)
    Steps to reproduce the problem
    --------
    • Firstly, set Google Chrome's page zoom level to 110% on Windows or OSX.
    • Open GXT application with Chrome.
    • Move a mouse cursor in and out of a header column of the GXT Grid.
    Expected
    --------
    Nothing happens other than its graphical hover effects for mouse over events.

Actual
    ------
    The height of the header row increases by 1px and the column header texts jump up everytime it detects the mouse cursor. As the result, the body area of the grid is pushed down and out.

You can reproduce this easily with these web sites, including official explorer demo for GXT 3.Regards.

--
    Hiroshi

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

The problem is linked to the fact that GXT currently does not support any zooming. I will move this thread to the bugs forum for now.

If this is a high priority issue for you, you maybe want to open a real support ticket and get in contact with the "services team" (You should ask for this).

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Hiroshi Yamamoto is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response.

It's not urgent, but I think this is not ignorable bug, people actually use zooming feature to browse web, especially elder people with weaker sight do uses it regularly.

Accidental zooming happens quite often by pressing CTRL key while you are moving mouse wheel. For those who opened GXT applications with zooming feature activated, the applications are ridiculously broken from the beginning. And I think I don't want to let my clients feel that way.

I'll look into it a bit further. I might make a request to service team, but how long will it take?
    Attached Images

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Thinian is on a distinguished road

Default Growing TreeGrid Headers

Growing TreeGrid Headers

I am seeing a similar problem, but at 100 %. When I mouse over the header of some of my TreeGrids, the height of the header jumps to 30px, and stays there. If I collapse the view the TreeGrid is in, and then open it again, the TreeGrid header is set back to the correct height and subsequent mouseovers work fine.

I set a break point in ColumnHeader$Head.activate():

protected void activate() {
    if (!cm.isMenuDisabled(indexOf(this))) {
    XElement td = getElement().findParent("td", 3);
    td.addClassName(styles.headOver());
    int h = td.getHeight(true);
    getElement().setHeight(h, true);
    if (btn != null) {
    XElement.as(btn).setHeight(h, true);
    }
    }
    }

and the value for h is coming back as 30 when it goes wrong and 21 when it works right.

Oddly this happens on some of my TreeGrids, but not all, although I can not see any difference in the way I am creating them.

I have been seeing this behavior since I moved to 3.0.0. I am currently using release 3.0.0-rc2.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I also occasionally see some unwanted resizing of the widths of the right most column on the same TreeGrids that have the height problem.

See below for before and after mousover.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Thinian; 21 Jul 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added release info

Thread Participants: 2