Looks like we cannot reproduce this. Please provide another test case to reproduce this issue.
    Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    fieldid is on a distinguished road

Default Soft keyboard keeps coming up on Android Jelly Bean

Soft keyboard keeps coming up on Android Jelly Bean

Sencha Touch version tested:
    Platform tested against:
    • Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
    Description:
    • Whenever any part of the app is tapped on, the android soft keyboard comes up.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Load the app
    • Tap on any area of the app
    Debugging already done:
    • Just loaded a simple HTML page without sencha in Phonegap, and the bug didn't occur
    -->

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I launched the KitchenSink on my Nexus 7 (Chrome, 4.1.1) for the 1.1.1 release and the keyboard doesn't come up when I tap. In fact I can tap on the nested list and get to the examples and things are working as expected.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
    -->

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Wanted to clarify that our app runs inside phonegap/cordova. So the issue might be isolated to that webview.
    -->

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

We were actually able to narrow it down to a CSS property we used. The property is "-webkit-user-modify: read-write-plaintext-only;". Once we took that out, the problem went away.

We had to use it in android versions prior to Jelly Bean in order to fix the problem where a white box was drawn over input fields. But it turns out that in Jelly Bean, that's fixed, and the above property causes the soft keyboard to pop up every time you tap somewhere.
    -->