Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    novoace is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Column headers and data in grid with vertical scroll bar are not aligned

Unanswered: Column headers and data in grid with vertical scroll bar are not aligned

Hello,

I started looking at the GXT 3.0 yesterday, and am trying to see if this could be good to replace our "old" grids.
    In general everything seems excellent and easy to use (so far), except for this one silly thing I can't get around.

My problem is that in a grid which has vertical scroll bar column headers are not aligned with data.
    And this seems to be because the total width of all columns is extended by the width of the scroll bar. As scroll bar is visible only in the data part of the grid and not in header part - header part has some extension.
    But column headers are aligned centrally so they start with left offset of half the width of scroll bar - thus misalignment.

But this is not the case in any of the examples on this site, from where I took the grid code.

If somebody could provide me with at least a clue, it would be great!

Best regards
    Dusan

Using inline editing grid example, btw

Vote Rating
    Answers
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

I'm almost positive that grids handle scrolling automatically so it sounds like you might have a sizing issue. By default grids have a size of zero so you'll either need to size it or place it in a container that can size its children.

A quick test would be to put the grid in a Viewport and call RootPanel.get().add(Viewport). Just make sure you have enough data in your grid to scroll because Viewport, by default, will take up all the space in the browser's "viewing" area - i.e., where web pages are displayed.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    malathi is on a distinguished road

Default Column Header included in scroll

Column Header included in scroll

Hi

I am facing an issue that vertical scroll bar is including the COLUMN HEADERS also.

Please let me know how to exclude Vertical Scrollbar from column header

Vote Rating
    Answers

@malathi, please do not hijack threads. please create a new thread for your specific issue. additionally, please include all relevant information as applicable (code snippets, screenshots, etc...).

help us help you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    malathi is on a distinguished road

Please help me in writing new thred. I am unable to create new post...

Vote Rating
    Answers

what happens when you click the big, green button that says "Post New Thread?"

Thread Participants: 2