Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jmls is on a distinguished road

Default MVC woes

MVC woes

I must be thick. I can't seem to get my head around the separation issues here.

I have a window, with a menu panel on the left, and a central panel.

I have a controller which listens for and acts on button clicks in the menu panel.

One of these buttons creates a grid and renders it to the central panel.

Now, the grid has events to edit data - bring up a modal window etc.

Who should control those events ? A new controller ? If so, how is that new controller created ? I am following the path of adding the controller to the main app but not sure if that's the right thing to do.

Help and / or guidance would be appreciated

many thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Your app architecture is up to your app. I usually break my app up into features. Let's take an email program as an example...

You have an address book, folders and emails... each one of them can have their own controller. If a controller gets too big, you may need to reorganize things.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1