Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jugg1es can only hope to improve

Default Unanswered: Extending the grid panel

Unanswered: Extending the grid panel

I need to add some functionality to the grid panel and I'm not sure how best to do it. I need to modify how grouping is done in the grid panel, so should I extend Ext.grid.feature.Grouping? Should I create a plugin for the panel? Should I override the grid class? Any ideas would be helpful.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Since this is related to the grouping feature, .. you should be able to simply extend Grouping

Code:
    Ext.define('Ext.grid.feature.Grouping', {
        extend: 'Ext.grid.feature.Feature',
    });
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

But I looked at the source for Ext.grid.feature.Grouping and it doesn't have access to what I need, mainly sorting. I need to manually order the groups, i.e. I need to specify two specific groups that are pinned to the top of the list, but then the rest need to be sorted normally. Ext.grid.feature.Grouping doesn't look like it does anything to order the groups.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I guess what I really need is to bypass the default sorting mechanism. Can I create a new sorter for the grid? or do I have to go deeper?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

This may be a requirement. I have not reviewed this code .. and not sure of all your requirements, but you should be able to proceed on your current path.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

programming is hard

Thread Participants: 1