Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cyogesh is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to access native iOS file system using Sencha touch 2 alone

Unanswered: How to access native iOS file system using Sencha touch 2 alone

I am working on an Sencha application. There is a use case in this application where I need to modify text file and save it again on iOS device. As I've deal with almost 300-400 MB of data, so I can't use local storage here(Please correct me if I am wrong). Here, I don't want to use Phonegap or any other framework to access native file system.
    Could you please tell me how I can access native filesystem using Sencha touch alone.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Regards,
    Yogesh

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    DJFliX is on a distinguished road

This is not possible. Without an external wrapper like phonegap it is impossible to access the native filesystem using Sencha Touch 2 (and the Sencha Command for native building).

In the documentation you should have a look at the native API's that are exposed to your Sencha Touch app. They are located in Ext.device.

In 2.0.1.1 these include Camera, Connection, Device, Geolocation, Notification, Orientation and Push. 2.0.2 adds Purchases and Contacts.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    SchattenMann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by DJFliX View Post
    In 2.0.1.1 these include Camera, Connection, Device, Geolocation, Notification, Orientation and Push. 2.0.2 adds Purchases and Contacts.
    Are you referring at 2.0.x Sencha Touch or Phonegap just to be clear?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I am referring to Sencha Touch 2 using Sencha Native Build. If you use ONLY Sencha Touch in a browser on a phone you will NOT be able to use the device API.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Undestood, thanks,

got a litle copnfused, that's all.

On the future i will be needing to access Phone Camera to scan for barcode....you don't happen to know if thats possible with Sencha only or if it will need Phonegap?

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Well, you can use Sencha for the camera if you want to capture an image, but as far as I know you cannot put an overlay on top of the screen (the red line that indicates where to hold the barcode) or process images in realtime in the current Sencha wrapper. The way it currently works is that it opens the native camera, and as soon as a picture is returned by the OS Sencha will return it. Sencha has no influence on the capturing of the picture at all.

TL;DR
    You ask for a picture, the OS will take the picture, Sencha will return the picture that the OS made. There is no way of scanning for barcodes in a 'video stream' right now.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

ok thanks,

guess i have to start reading some phonegap material...lol

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey