Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

More todo:
    • Implement "New Posts" search to replace the one at the top of the main Forum page
    • Also, when you click on New Posts, the result page has a "Search" link at the top that takes you to the old search. This will be fixed if you just replace search altogether, but if that's going to take a while you might just look to remove/replace the Search link on the results page.

Vote Rating

Todo:
    • Put links to result pages on footer like it is on the header. You're more likely to actually need it there than at the top.

Vote Rating

(And file under the "it would be nice if" status: Change those page links to look nice styled like the page links for a thread looks.)

Vote Rating

Bug:
    Code:
    (axis OR axes) title:spacing
    title:spacing (axis OR axes)
    (toolbar OR event) title:spacing
    None of these work right. It forgets that it's required to have "spacing" in the title and returns a lot of results that don't have this.

Vote Rating

There's also a bit of a problem with it not breaking on periods. If I search for:

title:segmentedbutton

It won't find these results:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/misc.php...egmentedbutton

It doesn't treat the period as a separator. From a little googling, I think you need to switch Solr to use WhitespaceTokenizerFactory. If it's set on Standard Tokenizer or several of the others, "periods (dots) that are not followed by whitespace are kept as part of the token." That's going to be a bit of a problem in a forum like this.

Vote Rating

Forum tags don't seem to be working. Go to main Forum page search and type:
    sass #st2

Lots of results from not st2 forums.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    Forum tags don't seem to be working. Go to main Forum page search and type:
    sass #st2

Lots of results from not st2 forums.
    I wasn't translating it for the page results. Should work now.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    There's also a bit of a problem with it not breaking on periods. If I search for:

titleegmentedbutton

It won't find these results:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/misc.php...egmentedbutton

It doesn't treat the period as a separator. From a little googling, I think you need to switch Solr to use WhitespaceTokenizerFactory. If it's set on Standard Tokenizer or several of the others, "periods (dots) that are not followed by whitespace are kept as part of the token." That's going to be a bit of a problem in a forum like this.
    Technically "segmentedbutton" won't match "Ext.SegmentedButton" as you are looking for whole word match where as your link did a partial word match. This works for language but since we are programmers we can see what we can do to support code type stuff. Maybe replace period with a space and treat each as it's own word or something.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Maybe replace period with a space and treat each as it's own word or something.

You are using Solr, right? Reading the docs, it seemed all you need to do is switch the tokenizer setting to one that breaks on non-whitespace surrounded punctuation, like WhitespaceTokenizerFactory.

Vote Rating

I feel like I've reported this before, but maybe it was just similar.

Search for: "grid" Make sure you include the quotes. When the search page comes up, the search box will be blank. The same thing happens if you search for something without quotes and then on the search results page type in something with quotes. It eats your search terms but returns the proper results.