Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Can you try searching for "grid" again? Should be fixed.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Looks good. Thanks, Mitchell.

Sencha - Support Team mike.estes's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mike.estes will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    Bug:
    Code:
    (axis OR axes) title:spacing
    title:spacing (axis OR axes)
    (toolbar OR event) title:spacing
    None of these work right. It forgets that it's required to have "spacing" in the title and returns a lot of results that don't have this.
    Yeah, this one is a bit odd. I have min-match (mm) set to 100% (based on your earlier feedback), which works fine for simple lists of terms.

I *think* that in this case it is treating each side of the query as a sub-clause and perhaps the mm rules aren't enforced for sets of sub-clauses. I've tried several things to force the correct behavior to no avail. For now I will need to move on to another item, but I'll keep the internal bug report Mitch filed for this open for further research. Meanwhile explicitly using AND between the clauses does coerce the desired behavior.

Thank you for all the useful feedback you have provided us about the search implementation, we are listening!

Sencha - Support Team mike.estes's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mike.estes will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    Maybe replace period with a space and treat each as it's own word or something.

You are using Solr, right? Reading the docs, it seemed all you need to do is switch the tokenizer setting to one that breaks on non-whitespace surrounded punctuation, like WhitespaceTokenizerFactory.
    Actually, that tokenizer (WhitespaceTokenizerFactory) only splits on whitespace and any punctuation will end up included in one of the resulting tokens. I agree that we need a better solution for words containing dot notation. I've done some searching and found some interesting ideas on how to implement this including a custom tokenizer, modifying the standard tokenizers grammer, using a post tokenizing filter and more. I'm creating an internal report to track this. Thanks again for your input!