Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    DennisFLS is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Combobox should filter a store, but not its own

Unanswered: Combobox should filter a store, but not its own

Hi there,

for an application, I want to use several comboboxes that are filled with their corresponding stores upon app start. Let's say I got two comboboxes and two stores for "teams" and "areas". These comboboxes should be displayed on top of my application and can be used to set a filter for the two stores whenever the user wants to, regardless of the current tab that is active.

Technically, this works - my controller listens for the comboboxes change-event and filters the store. The problem is that if a filter is applied to the store, the combobox removes this item from its list.

I know, this is not a fault but by design, but is there any option or any plugin that I can use to make the combobox use the unfiltered store? I don't want to "copy" my stores and let the comboboxes work with these copies because I would have to synchronize each of them (i.e. if I add a team in one store, it has to be added to the other).

Thanks in advance

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

This issue is that you are filtering the store and bound to it .. you could make the combo stores an array and they simply place a load listener on the main store to use loadData(records) to update the combo's array store.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    DennisFLS is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the hint, got on the right track after reading it.

At first, I extended Ext.data.Store to give its contents as an array:
    PHP Code:
        getAsArray: function( keyFieldvalueField ) {
            var        
    me this,

= [];

for ( var 
    0me.getCount(); i++ ) {

a.push( [ me.getAt).getkeyField ), me.getAt).getvalueField ) ] );
            }

return 
    a;
        } 
    So, for records like usergroups with the properties id and name (my stores have more properties so I had to include the keys as parameters) I can build my combobox like this ("this" refers to my current view):
    PHP Code:
                {

xtype'combobox',

name'filterGroups',

fieldLabel'Groups',

editablefalse,

displayField'Name',

multiSelecttrue,

queryMode'local',

storemyApp.getUserGroupsStore().getAsArray'id''name' ),

emptyText'all',

valueField'id',

listeners: {

change: function( comboboxvalue ) {

this.fireEvent'filterselectionchanged'comboboxvaluethis.initialConfig.valueField );
                        }
                    }
                }, 
    My FilterController listens for the event and applies the filter for the given key. Because I want to be able to filter several stores by several keys AND several stores by the same key, I had to combine the filter criterias in a loop when the event got fired. I still have to make sure that the combobox reads changes that have been made to the store though...

It seems like a pretty dirty solution to me, but it works as expected

Thread Participants: 1