I have located the issue by removing everything one by one till I could save.
I had renamed a userClassName. I used that same classname as targetType in a controllerAction. The targetType name wasn't re-factored with the renaming of the class and caused the error. By picking the renamed class name the error was resolved!
I suggest fixing this but also provide better error messages. Thanx in advance!
1) create new project
2) drag a container (or any component) on your views
3) create controller and controller action
4) fill in a legit config and select as targetType 'MyContainer'
5) rename 'MyContainer' to something else (like YourContainer)
6) try to save -> error; try to deploy -> no error but no files where copied.
how it should be:
rename the component -> the targetType should be renamed aswel or throw a clear error saying the component doensn't exist anymore and you should pick another targetType.