Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member SebTardif's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    SebTardif will become famous soon enough

Default Switching of tab is too slow if switching back to a tab having a 500 rows grid

Switching of tab is too slow if switching back to a tab having a 500 rows grid

This is an old known bug but since I don't recall any acknowledgement of any kind, here again.

When I switch back and forth of tab without changing anything visual I'm not expected that lot of work need to be done to re-show the tab. Certainly not in latest Chrome.

If one of the tab has a grid already loaded, and already rendered, with 500 rows and 6 columns on a 8 core processor, it's too slow to show the tab again.

Please fix. It's very annoying due to the limitation of lazy rendering that doesn't support local sorting/filtering.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Is this just a plain grid .. no buffering or paging?

Scott.

Vote Rating

Yes, just a plain grid. No buffering or paging. All the rows are rendered, the default behavior.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I am going to head down the obvious path here .. is there a reason for this?
    You are waiting on 450+ (assuming 50 are visible) rows to render that are not visible to the user each time you clicking the tab.

Scott.

Vote Rating

I didn't verify if the Ext JS 4.1 implementation really re-render all the rows in each switch of tab. It's likely the implementation could be different so that it does less rendering and layout as possible. Why not having the new tab be a card on top of the old one without doing much to the hidden card so that the hidden card can come back on top without much work?

Do we agree there is something to improve with Ext JS handling of this use case ?

Answers to your vague question:
    - Lazy rendering is not supported by Ext JS 4.1 when we want to do client side sorting/filtering
    - Scrolling is way faster without lazy rendering, even if lazy rendering do not involve server call
    - Ext JS is used by enterprise application, and enterprise application deal with data, lot of it
    - Users hate paging
    - I don't control users requirements, they want to see 1000 rows, I negotiated 500.

Vote Rating

Vote Rating

I found some info about a known bugs that may fix this in the near future. Sencha should make sure the test case of having a grid in the tab is covered.

Extract from http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post869369

EXTJSIV-3283 is marked as fixed in July and should be present in the next release.

notes for fix:
    >> Remove extraneous container layout of the TabPanel upon every tab change.
    Extract from: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?228559
    This is slated for 4.2 release.

Thread Participants: 1