Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Colorado143 is on a distinguished road

Ok, Jerome did a great job helping me... but I keep getting stuck. For example, how do I grab the values in the php file and return it back to the Sencha Touch framework?

The documents are helpful, but they don't explain half of what I need. Just like the Ajax function, it shows me how to include the function and how to use it; but not very well on how to manage the data being sent and returned... How did you all learn and become experts in this framework?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

What's done on the server/database side really has nothing to do with this framework. That's all written in other languages like PHP, RPG, etc. That website, Parse.com, offers a very easy to use API that handles the database calls and has many examples of how to use them. Their databases are also very organized and visual.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Colorado143 is on a distinguished road

I understand that it's not part of the framework, but when I use the Ajax function, how do I know what format the data is being passed in? Most of the time, in PHP, I'll use either the "$_GET['fieldname']" or "$_POST['fieldname']" to grab the data. Parse.com looks like a nice site and well known, but I already have my own database and I have a php mobile site already buit. I would just like to switch it over and use the UI/Theme Sencha Touch has to offer..

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    omkohmann is on a distinguished road

Getting a response from the server is pretty straight forward, take a look at this video: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...etting_started and use the blog part as a guide for setting up your request to your server.

What you need to realize though, is that the json response you get, is a string, so you need to decode it(When you code in javascript normally, you think of json as a series of javascript objects) using Ext.JSON.decode(response.responseText).

using a jsonbeautifier you can see then how to access the values.

Thread Participants: 2