Vote Rating
    mrras25 is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Window works in FF not in IE7??

Ext.Window works in FF not in IE7??

This is a 2 part question:

1. I have EXT code that looks like this:
    Code:
    function displayArea() {
       Ext.onReady(function() {
          var win = new Ext.Window({
             title: ' Storage overview',
             closable:true,
             width:600,
             height:350,
             plain:true,
             layout:'fit'
          });
          win.show(this);
       });
    }
    This code in FireFox doesn't throw any areas and when I click on the fusionChart it displays exactly what I want it to (for now) a blank panel. In IE7 (which we all know is not the best for debugging) it throws and error of 'Style' is null or not an object.
    What the heck does this mean to me? do i need to define and objClass in that code?

Second question is as follows and this maybe a fusionchart specific question, but when i am throwing the code to a link in the XML file i am saying link='javascript: displayArea()' ... i want to pass items to that function like location and array but when i do this it states "local is not defined" it is defined with a variable I am setting var local = "Bothell"; var array="HDS".
    If any one has an answer to that question please let me know.

Thank you

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

question: do the examples work for you?

Vote Rating

Yes they do, I just can't figure out why in FireFox it shows the window like i want it to and in IE7 it is throwing the Style is null or not an object

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

remove 'this' from win.show()

Vote Rating

Fartin genius... I knew had to be something so dumb for me...

Would you happen to have an answer for me in the second part? I am trying to pass parameters to a javascript function in an XML form... when I do this like:
    Code:
    ... link='javascript: drillArray(local,stor)' ...
    I recieve "local is not defined"

if I escape the " string like follows:
    Code:
    ... link='javascript: drillArray(\"local\",\"stor\")' ...
    local and stor are variables in a javascript.

I recieve "Invalid XML" from FusionCharts. Anyone with this answer would save a life or 2 or maybe just my job!!!
    Last edited by mrras25; 16 Jan 2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention this

Vote Rating

<tag link='javascript: drillArray("local","stor")'>

Should work.

this uses the scalar string "local" and "stor".

They are not 'objects' as far as javascript is aware of. is that what you're looking to do - pass objects to fusion charts? I thought fusion could read JSON

Vote Rating

here is the output of one of the scripts php spits out to render the charts:

Code:
     <script type="text/javascript"> 
                Ext.onReady(function() {
      var chart_HDS = new FusionCharts("flash/MSColumn3D.swf", "HDS", "800", "300", "0", "1");
        chart_HDS.setDataXML("<chart caption='Datacenter total hds Storage vs. Free Storage' xAxisName='Datacenters' yAxisName='Storage (GB)' showValues='0' labelDisplay='ROTATE' slantLabels='1'><categories><category name='Bothell' /><category name='Dallas-ITO' /><category name='Windward' /><category name='WWDC-Lab' /></categories><dataset seriesName='phys'><set value='1149104' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='313606' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='1057704' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='53799' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /></dataset><dataset seriesName='free'><set value='273591' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='14305' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='38439' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /><set value='11276' link='javascript:displayArea(Bothell,HDS)' /></dataset></chart>")
                    chart_HDS.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
      chart_HDS.render("HDSDiv");
                });
     </script>
    in the example from FusionCharts this is what they did to pass the literal value to a javascript function within the XML file. I can't get this to work.

Vote Rating

relative that snippet, where do
    Bothell,HDS reside?

if you're using Ext.onReady, i'm getting the impression that the page is loading for the first time.

Vote Rating

these are the parameters I want to pass to the function drillArray. Bothell and HDS are suppose to be just strings that I am passing

Vote Rating

try:
    PHP Code:
    chart_HDS.setDataXML(

"<chart caption='Datacenter total hds Storage vs. Free Storage' xAxisName='Datacenters' yAxisName='Storage (GB)' showValues='0' labelDisplay='ROTATE' slantLabels='1'>
                             <categories>
                                <category name='Bothell' />
                                <category name='Dallas-ITO' />
                                <category name='Windward' />
                                <category name='WWDC-Lab' />
                            </categories>
                            <dataset seriesName='phys'>
                                <set value='1149104' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='313606' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='1057704' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='53799' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                            </dataset>
                            <dataset seriesName='free'>
                                <set value='273591' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='14305' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='38439' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                <set value='11276' link='javascript:displayArea(\'Bothell\',\'HDS\')' />
                                </dataset>
                        </chart>"
    );