Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    shydreamz is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: adding a field or yield to the series dynamically so that the chart is updated

Unanswered: adding a field or yield to the series dynamically so that the chart is updated

i want to change/update my chart by adding new fields to the series/data.
    i tried to use chart.store.loadData() and passed the new data fields into store. but this didn't work as the series.items/yfields still has the old item counts.
    i also tried to add new series to chart by using chart.initializeSeries(seriesData) but this still does't work

i am still looking for a good way to add fields/data to store n series dynamicaly so that i don't have to initiate ext.chart every time i want to change the data fields.

just to give u an overview of what i am trying to do is like at first create a chart with 5 data fields n then have a button on whose click i add n new field/data added to chart, but i don't want to do new Ext.cahrt every time.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Naga is on a distinguished road

you can do it with
    Code:
    chart.redraw( )

http://docs.sencha.com/touch-charts/...t-event-redraw

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    shydreamz is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Naga View Post
    you can do it with
    Code:
    chart.redraw( )

http://docs.sencha.com/touch-charts/...t-event-redraw
    chart.redraw() won't works when we do a redraw initialize series is called for each series where the old are the existing series with old data from the store are present and thus i does not allow to add a new field in the chart.
    Note: i dont want to add a new year in the chart like suppose i have 2008, 2009 and then add 2010 but
    i want to add new data to the existing field like if 2008 has 3 data i want to dynamically add the fourth data to the 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Thread Participants: 1