Vote Rating
    smokeman is on a distinguished road

Default url prefix not working

url prefix not working

I have a url prefix of http://localserver:8080/Projectname/
    that is defined in the project settings.
    that points to my java project, which resides in eclips/tomcat on my local development station.

I then have my ajax requests that I point to a java servlet. The servlets work at http://localserver:8080/projectname/servletname

when I use a url definition of 'ServletName', I get a server error of http://localserver:8080/projectname/...pp/ServletName path not found

when I use a url definition of '/ServletName', It bypases the projectname, and goes straight to the root of the tomcat server, and not /project/servletname.

I thought url prefix was supposed to prepend that string to the begginning of all server calls...?
    why is this not working?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sonnypickett is on a distinguished road

The prefix isn't prepended to url in the published code. So without the slash it's naturally going to look for the resource in relation to the current document location (app.html). If your data provider is in a different spot you have to hard code the complete url in the proxy's url field.

Interesting though, fetching data into a store from within Architect probably works since it does use the URL prefix to make the call.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

To confirm, urlPrefix is a development time setting inside of Architect.

It tells Architect how to resolve your relative urls before the project has been placed on a webserver. Because Architect is an application and not a typical browser it doesn't have to abide by the standard restrictions of XHR re: cross domain.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

so, my only option is to prepend /projectname to each url, so that the url definition looks like this:
    url:'/projectname/servlet',
    then when publishing, go back, and do a find/replace on the resulting .js files?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sonnypickett is on a distinguished road

what I have done when getting data from an external app server is put the full URL to the service in the url....i.e. http://localhost:9000/engine/datastore

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The intent is that you use relative or absolute urls in your project.

When the code is deployed to the server of your choice then where ever it resides is kind of like the urlPrefix.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

so, if I click the deploy every time I save, option, would the entire prefix url get prepended to the url config on each ajax call?

I would just have to pick a different location to deploy to, correct?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by smokeman View Post
    so, if I click the deploy every time I save, option, would the entire prefix url get prepended to the url config on each ajax call?
    No... your relative urls will continue to work as relative urls.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeman View Post
    I would just have to pick a different location to deploy to, correct?
    Maybe you should explain in further detail what your problem is because I don't understand it. Standard Ajax requests are almost always relative/absolute urls without the http(s)://domain.com portion of the url. This makes your code portable in that it can be deployed to various different places.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

project settings
    projectsettings.jpg
    that is what I want prepended to url's

If I put an ajax url definition like this:
    Code:
    Ext.Ajax.request({
        url:'/AjaxUserTR1Interface',
        method: 'POST',
        params:{fn:'getsessionvar',key:'Authenticated'},
        callback:function(opts,suss,resp){
    I get this:
    path1.jpg
    as expected, since using a forward slash in front of a url should go to the root of the site.

when I use this definition:
    Code:
    Ext.Ajax.request({
        url:'AjaxUserTR1Interface',
        method: 'POST',
        params:{fn:'getsessionvar',key:'Authenticated'},
        callback:function(opts,suss,resp){
    I get this:
    path2.jpg

that is the path that I think should be correct, but it is referencing from within the project...

I need this to work, no matter if the project is published to /Atlas/ajax/AtlasNav,
    or to the root of the webserver http://server.com/ajax/AtlasNav

Vote Rating

I'm going to use ../../ to fix this, however I would think this would be handled in architect, to prepend the prefix url to all requests...

not sure I understand what you were talking about earlier...

I am not deploying though, I am running the project out of the project's saved folder.

Thread Participants: 2