Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sencha2cool is on a distinguished road

Default Tutorials - Using Navigation View

Tutorials - Using Navigation View

Hello,
    Following Tutorials - Using Navigation View http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2-0...navigationview

This just stays on "Step 1" screen when click next -- Please fix documentation.

When follow jrbeasley comments below (about 3 weeks old) this works correctly
    -To each button in the inspector, set its id to the userAlias specified for its parent panel -- for example set the id of the first Next button in Step 1 to "step1", button in the second panel gets id of "step2", etc.

-In the onTap functions in the inspector, set the controlQuery of each to refer to the new ids of the buttons -- note these are selectors so leading # (hash) is required -- for example, the first controlQuery should be set to "#step1", second "#step2", etc.

As jrbeasley says:
    is it the right thing to do? There seems to be a lot of confusion and inconsistencies around userAlias, xtype, and id.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    epenn28 is on a distinguished road

I do agree that there are problems with many of the tutorials, and that fixes in the comments section are very helpful, but I didn't have to change the id of any of my next buttons and it worked fine. Is this just a statement that the documentation needs to be fixed and that you were able to use the comments to fix your problem, or are you still stuck at the Step 1 screen?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Re: Tutorials

Re: Tutorials

I needed to follow the comments to get this to work.
    Just wanted someone to fix documentation to allow an average user to replicate working demo navigation view.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

It seems that several users have been able to get it to work by following just the steps in the document. Can you point to a specific part that is incorrect?
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Re: Using Navigation View

Re: Using Navigation View

Again, I needed to follow the comments to get this to work.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Re: Using Navigation View

Re: Using Navigation View

Also, I am having difficulty getting activeitemchange to display another panel when tap tabBarItem.
    I have panel1->tabPanel->firstToolbar
    activeitemchange (Event)
    Home (Container)
    Topics (Container)
    Tab Bar
    panel2->secondToolbar

code for activeitemchange:
    onMytabpanelActiveItemChange: function(container, value, oldvalue, options) {
    if (value.id === 'Home')
    {
    alert('Home'); // This works fine
    }
    if (value.id === 'Topics')
    {
    alert('Topics'); // This works fine
    Ext.getCmp('tabPanel').getLayout().setActiveItem(0); // This does not work -- Safari Developer displays 'undefined' is not a function
    }

Please advise what I am doing incorrectly here.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

"Again, I needed to follow the comments to get this to work."

Yes I understand, however I have gone through the normal steps once again and came out with a functional app at the end. I can only guess that there's some specific part of the steps that you're missing, perhaps there is some particular step that is written in a way that isn't clear? I want to fix it, but unless you can help point me to the source of confusion I don't know what to change. :/

I have posted a link in that doc's comments to a copy of the completed project, which was built by following the steps in the document exactly. Perhaps you can open that and compare to what you did, to find where they differ?

Regarding your other question, since this is in custom code you'll want to debug it using standard browser dev tools. My guess is that setActiveItem is not a method on the layout.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default re: Using Navigation View

re: Using Navigation View

Downloaded project from github -- able to load into Architect, but when save app.html produces nothing on screen.

I do not have time to go through this again, but clearly others have a similar problem -- recommend getting someone "new" and watch them follow this tutorial.

Thread Participants: 2