Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    estesbubba will become famous soon enough estesbubba will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Ext.create() with xtype in config?

Unanswered: Ext.create() with xtype in config?

I'm converting a Touch 1.1 app to 2.0 and we have dynamic object creation from server data and do an Ext.create({xtype: 'xxx', ...}). I've looked all through the API and can't figure out how to do this with 2.0.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

That is not supported. Ext.create takes 2 parameters, the class name and the config object. Ext.widget also takes 2 params, the xtype and the config object. You would need to create your own:

Code:
    Ext.createWidget = function(config) {
        //<debug>
        if (!config.xtype) {
            Ext.Logger.warn('You must specify an xtype in your config object.');
            return;
        }
        //</debug>
        return Ext.widget(config.xtype, config);
    };
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1