Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lhinaz71 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Native features (Camera/Msg Boxes/etc.) behind a proxy server

Unanswered: Native features (Camera/Msg Boxes/etc.) behind a proxy server

I connect my iPad to our corporate wireless access point, but must use a proxy to get to the internet. I have found that when we connect via the proxy, that the Camera and other Native Features do not function. I see that in Ext.device.communicator.Default that it tries to connect to http://localhost:3000'. The iPad does not have a proxy bypass that I'm aware of, and therefore even localhost gets routed through the proxy server which promptly denies that request.

Is there any way to get Sencha to bypass the proxy server for localhost?

I'm sure others may be experiencing the same issue, but are unaware their proxy server is getting in the way.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way javascript can tell the browser to go around a proxy. Why does it matter? Did you not do a build yet or require the files for the camera?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lhinaz71 is on a distinguished road

The requires for camera and other native features are included in my build, and I can get the camera and other native features to work just fine, provided I'm not connected through our proxy server.

Here's why it matters...

In our office, our wireless access point has no direct internet or intranet access. We must point to our proxy to get internet access. So in order to test my app, I must be connected to our proxy to connect to our host servers. Once I do this, I no longer have access to the iPad native features.

If I turn off the proxy, I can operate the camera and native message boxes no problem. But then of course, I don't have internet access, and my app can't talk to my host servers.

You can easily try this on your own ios device with a barebones native app. Specify a proxy on your ios device. Even if you don't have one, just make up an address ex:10.0.0.1. Now none of your native functions will work.

I really feel this is a bug in ios. They should never route localhost/127.0.0.1 to the proxy server in the first place. Or at least provide a bypass proxy list.

Maybe you have some ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks.

Thread Participants: 1