Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    outtoplay is on a distinguished road

Default Can Sencha Animation for iBook appear full page size from the start?

Can Sencha Animation for iBook appear full page size from the start?

Hi,
    Animator seems to be a terrific product and I look forward to digging in. I have a question (partially technical more 'Is this allowed in an iBook').

I often see examples of HTML5 animations in iBooks begin as small images on the page(like the Sencha example little boy in the boy. Then they are touched and expanded to full page. Can they be full page to begin with? I'd like to have a nice full page version of that type of animation on my pages in iBooks. Does Apple frown on this? Or is is simply to heavy and drag interactivity down to a crawl (even with properly optimized graphics).

If it is doable, is it simply a matter of dragging the size of the widget on each page? or is it based on the size of the Widget Image.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to sharing my work and experiences.

Brendan G.

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

So that is all iBooks Author territory. From what I understand, widgets will only run when clicked, so you
    can only show a static image as a placeholder. I think the placeholder image could be any size. After you export the widget from Animator and put in iBooks Author I think you can drag any image on to it to replace the placeholder image without causing issues with sizing when the widget is playing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    outtoplay is on a distinguished road

Appreciate the reply. I figured that might be the case. I've built multiple interactive books as apps for the iPad, and was hoping to extend interactivity as far as I could for iBooks. I have another question, but I think I'll start a new thread as it may be of use to others and will be more easily seearched.

thanks,
    B.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    piza is on a distinguished road

Default not realy

not realy

you can have a widget be full screen (well the image used to display the widget) but as stated it wont start until its clicked on and then it launches a pop up to what ever size you want which can also be full screen.

But if your after a smooth interaction from a ibooks page to the widget that seems seamless its not going to happen the way you expect. BUt if you know this restriction you can work around it in the design phase.

Check out "the color closet" by Sara Pinto, developer Twistframe. We achieved what we think is pretty interactive considering the iauthor restrictions

Thread Participants: 2