Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Kangster45 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ST 2.0.0 vs ST 2.0.1 Unique Problem!? W/ Sencha IO

Unanswered: ST 2.0.0 vs ST 2.0.1 Unique Problem!? W/ Sencha IO

Hey guys, I have run into a bit of a unique problem here. I'm a 14 year old just getting into sencha due to hearing how easy it was to use. This is my first forum post and first app.

So I've been experimenting around with Sencha IO and I first deployed my app in 2.0.1.1 (Didn't read the warning about it only working on 2.0.0). The login view worked as well as the Usergroup (It incremented).

Whilst doing more research, I read about the warning saying that Sencha IO only worked with 2.0.0.

I redownloaded Sencha 2.0.0.0 and generated a skeleton app with sencha generate app. I ran this command from the root of the Sencha 2.0.0 file and made sure to do it in a seperate folder system. I copied and pasted my app.js, app folder, app.json, index.html, packager.json, and io sdk. I fixed all the routes and such. But when I try to compress it and upload it to deploy it, it is too Large for the allowed upload size of 20 MB. I dont know why the SDK of ST2.0.0.0 is 85 MB. Which is 4x the Allowance of file upload for Sencha IO deployment. I checked the size of the SDK folder in the root directory of my 2.0.1.1 generated app, and it was a mere 17 MB uncompressed.

Unfortunately the compressed 2.0.0 file was around 45 MB's, so I couldn't even try to deploy it and see how sencha IO worked with 2.0.0.

I revisited using sencha IO with 2.0.1.1 and voila, the login worked for both my dad and myself, with incrementing users in the user group. So how do I go about this?

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to do a workaround on the file size or if 2.0.1.1 supports IO, which it seems to be doing?

Thanks for your time.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

What are the bump rules?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeffrey.hobson is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Sencha IO. But, I can tell you that using the SDK tools to create a production build will drastically reduce your file size. You simply install the SDK tools, then run the following command from the command prompt in the same directory as your application:
    Code:
    sencha app build production
    This will create a minified version of your application in the /build/production folder. The biggest thing it does though is calculate your dependencies and only include the parts of the Sencha SDK that you need in your application.

Be sure to always test the production build, as there can be some errors that weren't in the testing one.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Haha well I forgot to include that in my OP, but I actually tried that exact same command at the root of my project but it gave me an error. I'll post the error when I get home.

Thanks for the reply though.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeffrey.hobson is on a distinguished road

If it gives you an error that usually means there's either an error in your project somewhere or your project isn't configured properly for the SDK tools. Try looking through Sencha's intro guides to see if they can help you.

Thread Participants: 1