Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    tbaur is on a distinguished road

Default NOTICE: Update and migration of src.sencha.io

NOTICE: Update and migration of src.sencha.io

We've been working on an updated implementation and infrastructure improvements for the src.sencha.io service and we are ready to share this with you. Our goal was to make src.sencha.io better and faster and continue to provide this free hosted Sencha.io service that many of you have come to rely on. The service has seen reasonable growth and we currently process upwards of ~600 requests per second from users around the world.

For mobile, latency is one of the largest issues we wanted to improve. The new service will run in multiple regions and we're now able to process images faster, further reducing latency. We have also updated our cache strategy to be more efficient and will be reducing the default cache TTL (from 1 day, to 6 hours).

In reviewing log data, we found images that failed to be correctly processed when they should have. We've worked to improve on those failures. Larger images will be processed faster (max 20M). If the service has issues processing an upstream image (ex. too large or corrupt), right now the service will generally fail rather silently. This isn't helpful and we have improved. All requests will have an associated Request Id header, which you can use when communicating with us. We have updated the user agent database and results are more accurate. The list goes on and we think you'll notice in your applications the improvements we've made.

Please note: the API remains the same, but we plan to deprecate the /flush API call. The usage of this call is extremely rare and creates unneeded complexity in the infrastructure.

Before we begin production migration of the src.sencha.io hostname (and domain shards src1-4), we wanted to give you the opportunity to help test the new service and infrastructure. You can access it via src5.sencha.io and src6.sencha.io right now. These hosts will be added to the domain shard pool going forward (in other words, these are production hosts, you can use them within your application or website today without concern).

Your feedback is welcome.

Pending no issues: production migration will begin August 9th and should be complete by August 15th. We expect to migrate the domain shards (src1-4) first and the src.sencha.io hostname once we have reviewed the traffic. Prior to migrating the src.sencha.io hostname, we will post an update to this thread.

Vote Rating

After some testing and further log review, we have migrated src.sencha.io to the updated implementation and infrastructure (src.sencha.io hostname and all domain shards).

If you experience any issues, let us know.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mpez is on a distinguished road

Hi Tim, i'm getting a 503 (service unavailable) error when trying to use the service...Can you confirm that the migration process is completed and everything is up and running?

Thanks!

Vote Rating

You're right and I found some servers were generating errors. I have rerouted traffic back to the old infrastructure while I examine further and will resolve the problem.

Vote Rating

Believe the problems have been resolved and we have begun to migrate traffic back to the new infrastructure. Thus far everything is working as expected and will continue to monitor.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JeffBach is on a distinguished road

Default Love the service!

Love the service!

What a great service! My big desktop test jpg image comes in at 1280x960 and 206kb

The same page and that same image when viewed on my HTC Evo shows up in the download folder on my HTC Evo at 42kb. one-fifth the size. Can't find the dimensions but the huge size reduction is more than enough!

Great stuff.

fyi - I found that if I press and hold down on the image on the HTC Evo, I get a context menu that offers the choice of downloading the image. I do and then find it in the download folder where I can verify the size.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar