Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heloWelo is on a distinguished road

Default App not showing in Browser

App not showing in Browser

Hi All

First post here and VERY new to Sencha and Architect.

I've loaded an XML file into a List view and it previews the data correctly but when I try to preview the app in Chrome, I just get a small light blue rectangle in the browser. Nothing shows.

I'm guessing this some kind of deployment issue?

Anyway, would appreciate some pointers!

Thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Are you loading the xml from the same domain you are deploying the app to?

If not, you will want to ensure that you are...

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_origin_policy

If you open the developer tools, do you receive any errors?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes its in the same domain, just a quick test. The data shows up in Architect as expected.

I wasn't aware I needed to run the SDK tools when working in Archetect... have I missed something fundamental?!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I guess you meant Chrome Developer Tools? Oops

Can't see any obvious errors but this is my first use of these tools - diving into the shallow end!

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by heloWelo View Post
    I wasn't aware I needed to run the SDK tools when working in Archetect... have I missed something fundamental?!
    You don't.

I was just making sure that it was being copied to the same place. If you are using a JSON proxy, you should also use a relative url and setup your URL Prefix as to where the project will be deployed.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm using an Ajax Proxy and everything works within Architect.

I've tried a new file with nothing but a button on it and still can't get anything in the brower. The standard(?) app.html is there when viewing the source code.

Is there a way for me to test my setup?

Vote Rating

I suspect the XHR request is failing, open up the developer tools and see what is happening.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Nothing showing for XHR.

Is this HTML correct for referencing the style sheets and Java scripts etc? I thought they might have to be deployed locally on a local server...

HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html><!-- Auto Generated with Sencha Architect --><!-- Modifications to this file will be overwritten. --><html><head>    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />    <title>Second</title>    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://extjs.cachefly.net/touch/sencha-touch-2.0.1/resources/css/sencha-touch.css"/>    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://extjs.cachefly.net/touch/sencha-touch-2.0.1/sencha-touch-all-debug.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="app.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript">        if (!Ext.browser.is.WebKit) {            alert("The current browser is unsupported.\n\nSupported browsers:\n" +                "Google Chrome\n" +                "Apple Safari\n" +                "Mobile Safari (iOS)\n" +                "Android Browser\n" +                "BlackBerry Browser"            );        }    </script></head><body></body></html>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I've also discovered that once I have deployed for the first time, all subsequent saves and previews only view the original. e.g. Putting a button on, saving, deploying and then removing, saving and deploying, still shows the button...

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by heloWelo View Post
    I've also discovered that once I have deployed for the first time, all subsequent saves and previews only view the original. e.g. Putting a button on, saving, deploying and then removing, saving and deploying, still shows the button...
    We'll need more info about workflow, steps to reproduce, etc
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran