Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    kostysh will become famous soon enough kostysh will become famous soon enough

Default OnlineManager for Sencha Touch

OnlineManager for Sencha Touch

Useful utility for detection of the online status, and something else
    Initial release on GitHub: https://github.com/kostysh/Online-Ma...r-Sencha-Touch

Features:
    • Detection of the online status (real, not only connection)
    • Events: exception, beforeonline, beforeoffline, onlinechange, online, offline
    Code:
    OnlineManager.on({    
        'onlinechange': function(mode) {
            if (mode) {
                console.log('We are online');
            } else {
                console.log('We are offline');
            }
        }
    });

OnlineManager.start();

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Thank you for the contribution.

Scott.

Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

Thanks kostysh! I will try it out

Note: this requires the apps to be native to have access to device.Connection

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jerome76 View Post
    Note: this requires the apps to be native to have access to device.Connection
    it is not necessary. In web-app Ext.device.Connection works in Simulator mode - it is all what is need for our task

Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

If it isn't a native web-app, it wont have access to the libraries in Ext.device. I tried adding it to one of my web-apps and ran it in Chrome and it did not work.

Vote Rating

but it works fine in my non-native app
    look into official docs: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...ice.Connection
    Both the Sencha Packager and PhoneGap implementations will use the native functionality to determine if the current device is online. The Simulator version will simply use navigator.onLine.
    confirm that in Chrome (desktop) isOnline method works and uses navigator...

Vote Rating

You gave a local link but I checked the docs. I am not using PhoneGap or Sencha Packager.

When I request navigator.onLine in the console, that works.

Thread Participants: 2