Sencha Premium Member sencha-dev2's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    sencha-dev2 is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Showing full date in date field

Unanswered: Showing full date in date field

Hi, I wish to show the full parsed date in a datefield. I effectively saw the date was always 01/01/01 for example.

As the application I'm developping targets from the baby to the elders, I might need to show the centuries in addition of what's already shown.

I'd be glad to know if there's a way to show : 01/01/1901.

Thanks in advance.

---------

I searched through documentation but I saw no property which could fit...

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

you need to set the "format" config of the datefield to show the date how you like it to be shown.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold

It shows the full year by default. See the live example in the docs. There is a format configuration you can define for alternate formats.

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!...ate-cfg-format

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    redraid has a spectacular aura about redraid has a spectacular aura about redraid has a spectacular aura about

Use format config (see supported formats http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/api/Ext.Date) -
    PHP Code:
    {

xtype'datefield',

format'm/d/Y'

Vote Rating
    Answers

Thank you for your quick answers, but I'm already using format config and it doesn't change anything... It desperately remains 01/01/01...

Vote Rating
    Answers
    Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold Tim Toady is a splendid one to behold

you probably have m/d/y (lowercase Y). If you just delete the format you should be set.

Vote Rating
    Answers

I'm sorry, but here's my code :

Code:
    {
        xtype: 'datefield',
        name: 'dateEffet',
        fieldLabel: 'Date d\'effet ',
        format: 'd/m/Y',
        labelWidth: 120,
        width: 379,
        allowBlank: false
    }
    I'm actually using an upper Y... This is why I don't understand...

--------------------------------------

Maybe can help : I set its value with a getForm().setValues(res), res being an xhr answer array-parsed. I use it to fill my form, which this datefield belongs to. Can it be caused by this ? I'd precise when I show my form blank, I set its value with setValue(new Date()). Doesn't change anything though.
    Last edited by sencha-dev2; 13 Aug 2012 at 7:24 AM. Reason: precisions

Vote Rating
    Answers

Oh I see why you are using format now. The European way makes so much more sense. Is it possible it is getting overridden somewhere? d/m/Y should show it the way you want. In fact I even ran the code you specified just to double check and it works.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

take a look at the altFormats config and the example in the API Docs:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...orm.field.Date

your value which you are setting to the datefield should be in one of the formats specified either in the format config or the altFormats config.

Vote Rating
    Answers

Had an idea. Are you using locale? The french locale has the d/m/y format specified. If you are including the locale script after your code it could be your issue.

--Edit
    On second thought, I don't think locale would override a format specified on a object config, but I do wonder if it is somehow related. If you are using locale, try removing it temporarily and see if anything changes.