Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    2drinksbehind is on a distinguished road

Default Performance problems: EXTJS + IE9 + Norton 360

Performance problems: EXTJS + IE9 + Norton 360

I'm getting reports from multiple customers that when they have Norton 360's BHO enabled and try to load my site under IE9 they are seeing long delays prior to the page even beginning to render (10+ seconds). Looking at the network trace from these customers, I can see that it's not download time for the JS files that is the issue. After the JS is downloaded, there is a long delay before JS processing starts and I'm guessing it is related to the Norton BHO scanning the JS. This happens on both my site and on the EXTJS samples. When I have the affected customers disable the Norton BHO, the delay goes away.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas about how to get around this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Do you see an improvement in Private Browsing mode? We have other reports of Norton causing the slowdown.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    2drinksbehind is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response. The problem does not occur in Private Browsing mode or if the users manually disable just the Norton BHO. Any idea if it's just purely a function of how much JS is being loaded on the page and Norton scanning all of it before allowing execution? We do not see this problem on another page that uses jquery, but it was not loading the full library so the amount of code was only about a tenth of what I'm loading on the EXTJS pages.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

This is currently under investigation and our development team is aware of this report.
    Can you provide a small working test case that demonstrates your problem so we can review?

It is suggested that the browser plugins are causing the delay.

Regards,
    Scott.

Thread Participants: 1