Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jagdeep.sharma is on a distinguished road

Default Different js files

Different js files

Hi All,

I am new to ExtJs. I've few doubts.
    I want to know which one to use for developement ext-all.js, ext-all-dev.js or ext-all-debug.js

I came to know that ext-all-debug.js doesn't contain any debug code. what does that mean? For me debug means printing values of variable (i.e. console.log).

Thanks
    Jagdeep

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Grolubao is on a distinguished road

Basically:

ext-all-debug.js is the non-minimized version, meaning it's human readable

ext-all-dev.js contains logging in the console

ext-all.js is the same as debug except it's minimized and should be used in production

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

ext-all-dev.js logs warnings for common errors. For example, if you forget to include a model in your store config it'll warn you about it. Personally this is the file I'd use for development.

You could alternatively use the individual source files via the loader but personally I prefer ext-all-dev.js.

I can't think of a good reason to ever use ext-all-debug.js. It exists for historical reasons and it wouldn't surprise me if it's dropped from the distribution eventually.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jagdeep.sharma is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for your replies.

So, this means that I should use ext-all-dev.js for developement and when I am done with developement then I should use ext-all.js for production?
    One more thing here, how do I replace ext-all-dev.js with ext-all.js in all my pages? I saw bootstrap.js but I work on cloud platform so bootstrap.js is going to use ext-all.js in all cases since I am not on localhost. Is there any way I can change bootstrap.js?

Thanks
    Jagdeep

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Grolubao is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    ext-all-dev.js logs warnings for common errors. For example, if you forget to include a model in your store config it'll warn you about it. Personally this is the file I'd use for development.

You could alternatively use the individual source files via the loader but personally I prefer ext-all-dev.js.

I can't think of a good reason to ever use ext-all-debug.js. It exists for historical reasons and it wouldn't surprise me if it's dropped from the distribution eventually.
    Well, you cannot use ext-all-dev.js in Internet Explorer versions prior to 9 because he doesn't recognize console.log, and in many cases one needs to test for legacy versions of IE. That's were ext-all-debug comes into the picture.

Thread Participants: 2