Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Default Architect 2.1 Released

Architect 2.1 Released

Release 2.1 is finally here and the team is excited to share what we've been working on for the past three months. The goal for the first minor release was to improve performance and stability while continuing to add functionality that helps developers do even more. Even though this was a minor release, we've fixed over one hundred bugs and added a whole set of new features.

Take a look at the blog entry to get a rundown on the most prominent features.
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/sencha-architect-2-1

Build 588 with a few critical bug fixes is out the door Monday August 20th.

Build 609 released Wed Sep 5

Build 612: hot patch
    - Config scrollable: Container and animation: Card Layout are no longer being generated as strings instead of booleans
    - Pressing home or end inside of a select box no longer crashes Architect

OVERRIDES: should now be upgraded when with build: 609
    Last edited by Phil.Strong; 6 Sep 2012 at 8:46 AM. Reason: build 588, override note
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stephenr85 is on a distinguished road

Default White Screen of Depression!

White Screen of Depression!

I made the jump and let it upgrade my project, but it exploded (or so I thought). First, I was just getting a white screen with no logging. Took me a little bit to find it, but eventually I found that there's a "Library" item under the application "Resources", and it wasn't set to debug. I turned on debug and saw that there were errors about circular references/dependencies (due to the overrides). I removed an override and recreated it and noticed that it changed the "requires" definitions in the overrides to a simple "override" property. Bring my overrides up to speed did the trick, and my heart slowed a pace.

Looks like some good new features in this release! Looking forward to put them to use.

Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

I also got this and sorted out by rewriting the overrides. This works in the browser but doing a build with sencha SDK tools the resulting app is not working. It looks like sdk tools can not find the dependency on the way how overrides are handled now and the override files are not included at packaging.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    afro is on a distinguished road

Same problem and same solution. Auto-migration doesn't take care of overrides changes, you should explain what to do in upgrade page (or you'll get customers in panic mode )

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sneeper is on a distinguished road

@afro; I can't agree with you more. This should be communicated in a much more prominent place within the upgrade guide. I spent the good part of the day looking for this solution and finally found this thread.

Cheers.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hayesjim is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by zmagyar View Post
    I also got this and sorted out by rewriting the overrides. This works in the browser but doing a build with sencha SDK tools the resulting app is not working. It looks like sdk tools can not find the dependency on the way how overrides are handled now and the override files are not included at packaging.
    Yup, same problem here
    What, if any, is the solution to the SDK tools not finding the depenancies?

Vote Rating

My temp solution was to write a regexp to fix up the code in app.js between building and packaging.

Although I wanted to keep everything with sencha assuming their tools are working together I must have changed my mind. So the final solution was to switch to phonegap build as the sencha sdk solution is too fragile and it is in beta since quite a few months now without any update.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hayesjim is on a distinguished road

Thanks @zmagyar

What did your regexp change in order to get it working?

I'll probably need to look at phonegap also, but for the moment I'm trying to keep the sencha tools working - It's been an exercise in frustration so far though and I'm not sure how much more time I can give it...

Vote Rating

I got circular references error executing the built files. So I just write a quick regexp to remove all the unneeded references to the override classes in the require : [] part.