Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rfinn is on a distinguished road

Default Updated to Architect 2.1 now project preview is blank

Updated to Architect 2.1 now project preview is blank

I can see it loading all the files, but nothing shows up now nor does the console report any warnings or errors. Tried reverting to Architect 2.0, but when I use that installer I still end up with 2.1. Really wishing I had ignored that upgrade prompt. When I deploy it keeps deploying the same 4 files (only one of which I edited). WTF

Help, have a demo tomorrow and now I can't work on this project.

EDIT: look like debug turned off by default. Don't do that.
    Last edited by rfinn; 14 Aug 2012 at 3:26 PM. Reason: new info

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

To downgrade go into the following directory and remove all files with a build # higher than 442. ie "xds-2.1.0.000584.ion"

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

Windows Vista/7
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0\

Linux
    ~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Architect 2.0/

Mac OS X
    ~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Architect 2.0/

If there are no errors being thrown. Is anything in the dom? do you have a view marked as the initial view? I'd be willing to take a look at the project if you'd post it here or send it to designer.feedback at sencha.com.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apsq will become famous soon enough

It would be really useful if SA behaved sensibly under Linux and allowed us to install several versions side-by-side.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rfinn is on a distinguished road

Default We're good

We're good

We're good now, but we had some issues. What threw us off were:
    1.) Debug turned off by default where previously it was enabled by default.
    2.) Unable to revert to 2.0.
    3.) The generated portion of a class override on a store was failing for being self-referential. This had been working.

I still get prompted every time I load 2.1 (build 584) to install a minor update, which I already have installed.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by apsq View Post
    It would be really useful if SA behaved sensibly under Linux and allowed us to install several versions side-by-side.
    This is part of a larger issue on all operating systems. We are aware and looking to address it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by rfinn View Post
    1.) Debug turned off by default where previously it was enabled by default.
    This was an oversight.

2.) Unable to revert to 2.0.
    Correct, you do however have a backup (as an xda) of what your project was and you can open that in 2.0.

3.) The generated portion of a class override on a store was failing for being self-referential. This had been working.
    The preferred format/style for overrides has been changed. We don't touch the override file, we just treat it as text. The requires do go in a different place in 4.1. Perhaps we should have done a simple parse job and put the requires in the application node in the event you were still using the old syntax... We'll discuss as a team.

I still get prompted every time I load 2.1 (build 584) to install a minor update, which I already have installed.
    Is this still happening?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 2