Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    michael.parrott is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: download sencha code based on URL

Unanswered: download sencha code based on URL

Is it possible for a Sencha application to be bundled using something such as PhoneGap, and be able to download Sencha JS code and then run that code?
    For example, let's say I have the Sencha framework code and part of the apps code on the phone, in an app which has been packaged with PhoneGap. From this part, the user can choose from a list of different options of different types of the same basic site. When they click on one, the app would download the code from a standard address. (something.com/sencha/SenchaStructureHere) The app would then run this code.
    Now, every different site would be pretty much the same thing, just having some slight modifications. So the code on the phone would be able to download the app from the website, and just be able to add a main view and it would be okay since all the external apps are structured in the same way.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Apple would reject it but yes it is possible.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    michael.parrott is on a distinguished road

You'd be surprised. They accepted an app that was built using PhoneGap and only pointed to an external website and showed that.
    What I've tried doing is using Ext.Loader.setPath, giving that the path to URL I want, then using Ext.Loader.syncRequire I'd load all of the Sencha files I need. Anyone see anything wrong with this? This only works if you know what files you need to download, I don't know what you'd do if you didn't know the list of files you had to get.

Thread Participants: 1