Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heloWelo is on a distinguished road

On the bright side, 2.1 fixes bugs for me - although it still doesn't do basic things.

I've come from FlashBuilder/Flex and getting Sencha to work as described is proving to be a big hurdle. At this stage I think I'll run out of the 30 day trial before getting "Hello World" to work!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mlmcconnell View Post
    OK....You also have to delete some preference files located in "Users\Library\Preferences" and in "Library\Application Support\Sencha, Inc." You then have to re-register the application, and then bypass the "New Version Available..." dialog. Then, the above DMG file works.

Thank You,
    MLM
    As stated above, you need to delete the AppData/Application Support folder. We always will load the most current .ion that you have downloaded to this folder.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by heloWelo View Post
    On the bright side, 2.1 fixes bugs for me - although it still doesn't do basic things.

I've come from FlashBuilder/Flex and getting Sencha to work as described is proving to be a big hurdle. At this stage I think I'll run out of the 30 day trial before getting "Hello World" to work!
    We updated and worked through a lot of the docs.

You should be able to implement this simple CarListings example relatively quickly. It has lots of handholding.
    http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#...st_desktop_app
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'll give it a go... watch this space!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mlmcconnell is on a distinguished road

I use AppZapper to delete app folders on my Mac and it usually finds and disposes of all files tied to an application. It did not in this case. All is good now.

MLM

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I tried the CarListings App and it does not show the Panel.

This app fails at the same place. Nothing shows in Chrome!

Vote Rating

I tried the CarListings App and it does not show the Panel.

This app fails at the same place. Nothing shows in Chrome!
    Something must be wrong with your general setup. Are you running a webserver? Did you point your project folder directory there? What operating system/version are you using? Did you make it to the first step?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

(Everything has changed to Spanish in this forum!)

I'm running IIS 7.5 and have pointed the project to the project in the root. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

I didn't make it to the first step because the application showed a blank page but the correct file location showed in the address bar.

Vote Rating

but the correct file location showed in the address bar.
    File? This should be over http. What was the address you tried to access it from?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Last edited by aconran; 15 Aug 2012 at 9:04 PM. Reason: update to the previously moderated post