Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    coryids is on a distinguished road

Default How to Sencha Architect questions

How to Sencha Architect questions

Hi all,

I have been using EXT Designer (until Architect came out) and use to be able to do certain functions that seem to be changed in Sencha Architect (currently using 2.1 build 584).
    I am using Fedora 15 with KDE 4.6.5 for my work environment.

1. I am able to highlight/select a component etc. and press my delete key and delete the item in EXT Designer. This is not working in Architect. Now I have to right click and scroll down to highlight the delete function then left click it. I would like the keyboard shortcut back if possible. I am not sure if this is by design or ?

2. I am able to highlight/select a component etc. and Save to Toolbar in EXT Designer. This feature is grayed out except when I select the main/top level container. Is there something else I am supposed to do in Architect to get this feature to work?

Thx,
    Cory

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by coryids View Post
    1. I am able to highlight/select a component etc. and press my delete key and delete the item in EXT Designer. This is not working in Architect. Now I have to right click and scroll down to highlight the delete function then left click it. I would like the keyboard shortcut back if possible. I am not sure if this is by design or ?
    The keybinding was changed to shift + delete.

2. I am able to highlight/select a component etc. and Save to Toolbar in EXT Designer. This feature is grayed out except when I select the main/top level container. Is there something else I am supposed to do in Architect to get this feature to work?
    This is how it worked in Ext Designer too. If you want you can always promote one of those sections to a top level container by right clicking and going to "Promote to Class". You can then right click and save the top level class to the toolbox via "Save to Toolbox"
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thx for the quick reply Aaron!

As for question #2 I can definately select any componet in Designer and the right click Save to Toolbox is grayed out but the Component pull down menu Save to Toolbox is not and that is what I have been using.

Anyways I'll do the promote class to save stuff.

Thx Again!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

As for question #2 I can definately select any componet in Designer and the right click Save to Toolbox is grayed out but the Component pull down menu Save to Toolbox is not and that is what I have been using.
    Ah, you are right. This is a bug in Ext Designer, it should be disabled.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Just my 2 cents worth about these questions I had. I know you had your reasons for changing stuff but
    I'm just scratching my head at why make something more work then before?

1. Delete function - As I stated it was much easier to delete an item in EXT Designer and now I have to do several more steps to delete something. This is anti-productive for me. Is there anyway to go back to the way it was?

“The keybinding was changed to shift + delete.” (For me this means I have to either take my hand off my mouse or move my left hand completely over to the right side to use shift + delete. Also it now pops up a confirmation window forcing you to either hit the enter key or click yes to delete(another added step).

2. Save to Toolbox feature - Well I certainly did not intend to point out a Bug. I found that “feature” very useful in Designer. Again this process of having to “promote to class” then select the linked item, then you can “Save to Toolbar”, then you can somehow delete the promoted class/linked item and redo the item in the main screen is a bit much don't you think? I would really just like to select any item and be able to Save to Toolbar. Again I don't have all your reasons for doing these changes or making this feature work this way but it just seems/is anti-productive for me.

Again Thx for listening and for you fast reply,
    Cory

Thread Participants: 1