Hybrid View

Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nickelstar5 is on a distinguished road

Default Configuration Objects Converted to String

Configuration Objects Converted to String

When adding configuration objects like Ext.window.Window.loader, the object is converted to a string. I was expecting it to be left as an object. In any case, the configuration does not work... either is ignored upon load or creates errors.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If there is a syntax error in your object definition, we will do this to protect you. We need to add in some better warning message to notify users what is going on.

Are there any extra commas and/or variables/function calls that Architect cannot resolve?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I don't think it's a formatting issue. To show a simplified example, I've attached 2 screenshots showing a loader config object that gets converted to a string. I should note that I tried wrapping the object in curly brackets as well but that too was converted. The pic on the left is the class definition with the object converted to a string. The right one is the editor for the config object.

class_listing.PNGin_editing_mode.PNG

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

It looks like the object's property names must be wrapped in quotes. That's okay but isn't the way Architect or myself write them in our own code. Easy enough to do now that I've figured that out. However, there's still a problem if you want to assign a variable to a property like this:

{'productNumber': myProductNumberVar }

This gets converted to string even though it's a valid Javascript object.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

That's correct. It does not support variables/functions/JS expressions at this time.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Fair enough. Also, I did find at least one object editor that accepts property names without quotes: the 'editor' parameter on Grid columns. So it looks like the object editors are applying inconsistent formatting rules. Not a big deal but something to be aware of.

Thread Participants: 2