Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bhupesh117 is on a distinguished road

Default HTMLEditor generates incorrect HTML code

HTMLEditor generates incorrect HTML code

Hello,

In my project i am using HTMLEditor to have rich text formatting on client side. However i just came to know that when i do editor.getValue() to save HTML text into my database, the HTML text generated by Editor is not the correct one. Below is the sample for that:

This is for the bullet list test:<br><ol><li>test1</li><li>test2</li><li>test 3</li></ol><p><br></p>

Every time this is happening due to incorrect <br> tag. Ending tag for <br> is not getting generated by HTMLEditor. Please help!!!!

As you can see first <br> does not have closing element. Can someone please help me with this? How to fix it?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I will move this thread to the bugs forum, thanks for reporting. We are using the GWT impl here and are not editing the html.

If you require a fully grown html editor, you might want to wrap TinyMCE for example.

Thread Participants: 1